Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#Vegan ABC's: A little help from my readers?...


Yesterday I racked my brain for about an hour, Google-ing far and wide, even checking the index of every book I own pertaining to diet and nutrition, hoping to find fruits and vegetables that start with the letter "d". It's a short list so far: daikon, dates, and dill.

Today was not easy either. I finally came up with "eggplant". LOL! How hard was that? But what else starts with "e"? Does edamame count? It's a vegetable, but the name refers to a particular preparation of soy beans. hmm...

So, I'm asking for a little help here. I need to have a fruit, a vegetable, and an "other" (bean, nut, herb) for each letter. Can you help me fill in the blanks?
  • A: Apple, asparagus, almond
  • B: Banana, broccoli, barley
  • C: Cantaloupe, carrots, cinnamon
  • D: Dates, daikon, dill
  • E: _______, eggplant, _______
  • F: Figs, _______, flaxseed
  • G: Grapes, guava, garlic
  • H: _______, Horseradish, hazelnuts
  • I: _______, _______, ice cream?
  • J: _______, jicama, jalapeƱo
  • K: Kiwi, kale, _______
  • L: Lemon, _______, lentils
  • M: Mango, mushrooms, millet
  • N: Nectarines, _______, navy beans
  • O: Orange, Olives, oatmeal
  • P: Pineapple, pumpkin, parsley
  • Q: _______, quinoa, _______
  • R: Raspberries, _______, rosemary
  • S: _______, spinach, sesame
  • T: Tangerine, tomato, thyme
  • U: _______, _______, _______ (wow. tough one!)
  • V: _______, _______, _______ (another tough one!)
  • W: Watermelon, watercress, walnuts
  • X: _______, _______, _______ (give me a break. anyone?)
  • Y: _______, yam, yuca?
  • Z: _______, zucchini, _______
Please leave any ideas in the comments box below. I'm always happy to learn about new "super-foods", or even ordinary foods that are good to eat a good for you too!

Thank you all so much for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Health Freak Tweets...