Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gearing up for the big fast!

It's been almost 4 weeks since I quit smoking cigarettes and only 3 days since I quit drinking coffee. The goal is to (somewhat) gradually ween myself off of the "crap" so I can do a 7-day water fast.

Why would I do this? Generally, I'm a health freak and I'm convinced there's merit to the practice of fasting (more to come on that). Specifically, I found out that I have mercury poisoning and I want to lower that as much as possible as soon as possible. I believe fasting could be the answer.

My doctor also suggested chlorella and I've read some good thing about that. Apparently it's an amazing superfood we should all be taking and be sure you get it in tablet form. I found out the powder is pretty hard to consume unless you mix it with your food, such as a shake, which gives it a decidedly "fishy" flavor (it is just an algae after all).

Furthermore, I'll be continuing my health education. I'll be reading (and rereading) my library of books on health and nutrition, searching for commonality, and discussing the differences. I aim to keep an open mind and explore various topics, starting with some basics such as the most common diseases and how to prevent them, moving onto looking at some specific nutritional supplements, water purification and alkalization, heavy metals and other toxins, and even the future of medicine, including bio-tech and nano-tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Health Freak Tweets...